One of the mansions at the corner of Fourth Avenue and Market Street in Brownsville is no more. The mansion of Charles L. Snowdon, left, was razed in the late 1940s to make way for construction of the H&H Chevrolet dealership, which has since been converted into a drive-thru beer distributor. The mansion, built around the turn of the century, was only a few decades old when it was torn down. The Rose mansion, on the right, was built in 1873 as the original location of the Monongahela National Bank before the Rose family purchased it. The family of Pete Rose, the last resident, who died in 2006, donated the home to the Brownsville Area Revitalization Corporation which is in the process of restoring the home for use as a bed and breakfast.