Hands On at New Geneva Stoneware
An uninhabited building with no electricity or plumbing served as a temporary location for the business started November 5, 1978, in Masontown. Eventually the business moved to a 1903 building in McClellandtown and converted the 1936 Fire House addition of the former Tippet garage into a temporary showroom.
In 1999 work began on the new showroom, “Olde McClellandtown”. The showroom was modeled after lost McClellandtown business structures. Much of the showroom originated in the past with much salvaged material being used for “flavor” and economic necessity. All interior doors, windows, porch posts, railings, balustrades, newel posts, gingerbread etc. were salvaged from old area buildings. We moved into the new showroom in 2001.
Restored period lighting graces the restored original tin ceiling and antique local stained glass windows are the jewels in this crown. Beautifully weathered barn siding with a rusted tin canopy grace the blacksmith shop. The stage is original to the building and was retained intact.
Visit us today!